East-Com Solutions, LLC is extremely excited to announce being chosen as the sole source to replace all of the existing nurse call systems at Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, NJ. Holy Name brought in all of the major nurse call manufactures to present and once again West-Com Connect was chosen for it's state-of-the-art features and ease of use.
About Holy Name Medical Center
It was the dedication of two Teaneck surgeons and the leadership of a Catholic Sister that made Holy Name Medical Center a reality in 1925.
Recognizing the need to serve the sick and indigent of the community, Dr. Frank McCormack and Dr. George Pitkin appealed to Mother General Agatha Brown of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace for help in finding a suitable hospital site and in providing administrative and nursing staffs. The Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace had been a presence in New Jersey since 1885, one year after the order was founded in England with the goal of fostering worldwide peace and justice.
The Sisters purchased the estate of the late William Walter Phelps and erected the hospital, staffing it with members of their Order. They also welcomed their first class of students to the School of Nursing only weeks before the hospital opened. When the first patient, a woman with acute appendicitis, came through the hospital doors in October 1925, Holy Name had 115 beds and less than a dozen physicians. Only five years later, a unit with 70 beds was built to meet the needs of area residents who had been impoverished by the Great Depression.
Teaneck was little more than a rural village then; in all of Bergen County there were some 250,000 inhabitants. With the completion of the George Washington Bridge in 1931 and Route 4 only a few years later, the familiar cornfields and apple orchards began to disappear. A surge of development followed World War II, and the area soon became a prosperous residential and business community.
Holy Name thrived as well. In 1955 the hospital completed its second addition: the four-story 110-bed Marian Pavilion. Less than 10 years later, Holy Name added to the Pavilion; first with two stories that housed three units and then three additional floors on the other side of the building.
Increasing patient demand continued to accelerate Holy Name's growth, leading to another major expansion project. By the late 1970's, the Medical Center had added two more nursing units and the main building that serves as the centerpiece of the campus today. With each advancement, Holy Name has grown, not only in size but in reputation. Among the specialized services are the Regional Cancer Center, the Interventional Institute, the MS Center, the Institute for Simulation Learning, and the Institute for Clinical Research.
As Holy Name celebrates 90 years of caring and treatment, the Medical Center is still sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace and remains committed to a ministry of healing. It continues to take innovative steps to remain a fully accredited, dynamic medical center by implementing advanced technologies and best practices in patient care, facilities management and emergency preparedness. These pursuits for new advances will always be accompanied by an unwavering commitment to superior patient care in a culturally sensitive environment - the hallmark of Holy Name Medical Center.